On 5 Sep 2010, at 15:01, Mr. Gecko wrote:

I do not know if this is the right place to ask, I would think the quicktime list would be best, but, I am using cocoa to interface with quicktime so here it goes. I have a customer who is getting error -2048 on my application, from my research it looks like it's an error with quicktime not being able to detect the file format, I believe the reason it can't detect this is because I'm loading from a URL without an extension (E.G. http://example.com/audio/2389f892988v998.) How might I fix this, can I fix this, or do I have to give instructions to my customer on how to fix this? I haven't had anyone else with this problem, I am considering moving to NSSound and making my own controls, but I don't know if I'll have the same error there. I cannot change the URL for the mp3 files as it'll miss up my system.

In case you haven't found this already:

i.e. your customer's file is not a movie file.

regards
Klaus