Hi Cocoa Developers,

I have an application that connects to a TCP server and exchanges data using
NSInputStream.
I am using the run-loop scheduling approach.

Everything works fine most of the time. However, when my application becomes
busy processing other stuff,
it seems like I am loosing some incoming bytes.

Is it possible that I lose some incoming bytes if I don't read them fast enough
from the input stream?

Is it possible that incoming data overwrites unread data in the input stream?

If that is the case, is it possible to run the streams on another thread, so
that the activity on the main thread
doesn't prevent incoming data from being read?

Thank you for your help!

Mathieu