Op 9 sep 2010, om 21:58 heeft Remco Poelstra het volgende geschreven:
> I'm looking for some way to generate a tone that resembles the sound of an
> instrument. I need precise control of the base frequency (pitch). I'm
> wondering what would be the best way to generate it on an iPhone.
> Store a file with a know frequency and resample it to the desired frequency?
> Synthesize a tone by calculating a bunch of sines? Doing some FFT trick on a
> file?
> If someone can give some insight into what would best fit the H/W available
> it would be grateful.

Hi,

Thanks for all replies. Given the answers, it had less to do with Cocoa than I
thought, or can be solved perfectly in a non-Cocoa specific way on the iPhone.
Seems that Core Audio will be the way to go.

Regards,

Remco Poelstra