On 19 Sep 2010, at 18:14, Geoffrey Holden wrote:

> I am trying to set up a window with three resizable panes.  Currently, I have
> done this by dragging an NSSplitView into my window (in IB) and then dragging
> another NSSplitView into that:
>
> +NSSplitView
> |--+NSView
> |  '-NSTableView
> |
> |--+NSView
> |  '-NSSplitView

I too did exactly the same the first time I tried this. But the solution is
much easier.
In IB just draw another custom view onto the bottom or left edge of the
NSSplitView.
A red line will appear to indicate that you have hit the sweet spot.
Drop the view and it will create another pane within the splitview.

Regards

Jonathan Mitchell

Developer
Mugginsoft LLP