On 20 Sep 2010, at 11:47, Chris Hanson wrote:

> GDB doesn’t support dot syntax for invoking property getters, so you just
> need to use bracket syntax when doing it:

Maybe Stefan meant rather that the ivars do not show up in the debugger window.
It's a real pain to have to go to the console every time you want to know the
value of an ivar, when stepping through your code. I was highly surprised by
this behaviour when I first ran into it, and it is the single most important
reason why I continue to declare ivars in the @interface block in projects
where I otherwise would not have to.

António

Don't believe everything you think