Hi all, I had gone through my initial design for a project I am working on and
one part of it really needs to use CAShapeLayer, but I just realized that it's
only available in 10.6+, and I have to support 10.5.

Essentially I have two layers that have a bezier path drawn between them. The
two layers at each end of the path are moved during animations, and the bezier
path needs to be adjusted to stay connected with the layers at each end Seems
to me that this would be easily done by CAShapeLayer, if I could use it.

I presume people were probably doing this type of thing before CAShapeLayer
came along, so I'm wondering if there is some sample code for an equivalent of
CAShapeLayer or at least something that will allow me to easily update the path
during the animation.

I was thinking of using a startPoint and endPoint for the path which are
animated, and have setNeedsDisplayForKey set, and just recalculate the path in
the drawing method

Is this a good approach, or is there a better way, or some existing code that
may help out with this?

It would be nice to be able to do something that has an API match with
CAShapeLayer, so that when I can ditch 10.5 support (hopefully soon), I could
just move straight to CAShapeLayer without having to change anything else, but
that would presumably mean animating an arbitrary number of points in the
bezier path and handling all sorts of situations like one path having more
points than the other etc.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks

Ken