On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 23:52:21 -0400, Scott Anguish <sc...@cocoadoc.com> said:
>can you please file a bug on this?
>
>custom animations are missing at the moment (sadly) but adding that and the
@dynamic would be a very useful bug.

But, not to beat a dead horse or anything, the Core Animation-related stuff
in the docs needs much more than this, namely a complete overhaul.
Considering how wonderfully the docs have improved in recent years, it's a
bit sad how this area, which has become crucial with the advent of iOS, has
lagged. I've pointed out many failings in earlier notes to this list (the
discussion of actions and their keys and the search for them is wrong and
incoherent, etc.). In general the docs on animation suffer from coyness;
they hint demurely rather than just stating the facts developers need to
know. I have discovered (by painful and rather boring testing) key facts
about core animation that have made it simple, easy, and crystal clear to
me, but that are nowhere explained in the docs, even though a simple
sentence would suffice (in particular, a few tiny additions to the
documentation on addAnimation:forKey: would prevent hours of developer time
lost). Also I would recommend that the docs on layers be separated from
those on animation, because despite the CA prefix and the fact that
(obviously) layers are what gets animated, layers themselves have great
importance quite outside the realm of animation, so readers who *just* want
to know about layers should not have to wade through the animation stuff to
discover the facts. m.

>On Sep 20, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Kenneth Baxter wrote:
>
>> Brilliant! Works now, thanks David.
>>
>> Is there somewhere I can find out more about this? It is not mentioned in the
Core Animation Programming Guide (2010-08-12), and I have got two e-books on
core animation, and it is not mentioned in either of them.

>> Thanks
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> On 21 Sep, 2010,at 09:07 AM, David Duncan <david.dun...@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 20, 2010, at 3:42 PM, Kenneth Baxter wrote:
>>
>>> To see the changes as they are made, in addition to the normal synthesize of
the testPoint, I have implemented the setter as follows:

>> There's your problem. Your not supposed to @synthesize these properties.
Unless you let Core Animation define them (by declaring them @dynamic) they
cannot be animated and you will see the symptoms you see. In your
-drawInContext: method you can then query the property to get the current value.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.tidbits.com/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!