On 23.09.2010, at 03:25, Matt Neuburg wrote:
> In the current version of IB, you can go to Library > Classes > Outlets and
> define an outlet name. If you do this and, say, add an outlet name called
> "howdy" on some nib object, and draw the outlet with that name, then when
> the nib loads, setHowdy: will be called on the corresponding instance if it
> exists - even though there is no ivar with that name.
>
> If you don't believe me I'll send you a project that demonstrates.
>
> Indeed, I remember when this was the *only* way to define an outlet name;
> there was no such thing as the IBOutlet hint in Xcode. m.

 Yeah, and everyone using the class has to re-add the outlet manually to every
NIB that instantiates the class. That's just not a good workflow when working
in teams unless you like asserting left and right due to unconnected outlets.
You want outlets to show up automatically.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de