On Sep 22, 2010, at 11:39 PM, Tito Ciuro wrote:

> I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that Core Data stores the data
> atomically for both, XML and binary formats. That, if I'm not mistaken
> requires the datafile to be read in memory. Not so with NanoStore:

Not really so with Core Data either.

Core Data has the concept of both atomic and non-atomic persistent stores.

Core Data’s binary and XML persistent stores are atomic, so they are read and
written like documents (all at once).  Developers can also create your own
kinds of atomic persistent stores by subclassing NSAtomicStore.  (Also, the XML
persistent store is not available on iOS, only on Mac OS X.)

Core Data’s SQLite persistent store is quite explicitly not atomic: It uses
transactions against SQLite.  The entire persistent store does not need to be
read into memory, only the data requested; the entire persistent store is not
written upon a save, only the data changed.

  -- Chris