Hi Andy, thank you.
Yes, I use stringWithContentsOfURL:encoding:error: and my clients trapped
the error. The [error localizedDescription] says it can't reach the file
"http//www.mywebsite.com/abc.txt" while on my machine/office I can.

The
[[error userInfo] objectForKey:@"NSUnderlyingError"] localizedDescription]
on the client's machine is empty while on my machine/office, if I disconnect
the wi-fi, I get the error message "This computerĀ¹s Internet connection
appears to be offline."

My client can quite reach the same file http//www.mywebsite.com/abc.txt
using Safari, so I think he has some problem at the ports. To be honest my
application appends an info at the end of the url, like this"
abc.txt?version=123 when invoking stringWithContentsOfURL:encoding:error

Any idea on how to solve this problem?

--
Leo