On Sep 23, 2010, at 3:42 PM, eveningnick eveningnick wrote:

> But a daemon, that is launched with the system start, and which
> remains in memory all the time is not a good idea for a good
> application...

I think you have to. In order to autolaunch, see launchd.

> Why do i need it. I am writing a "plugin" for mac:Word, that
> simplifies writing of big texts, but unfortunately Microsoft didn't
> publish mac:Office Plugin SDK.

I think you actually can write plugins for it same as on Windows, using COM,
but there's almost no documentation on this.

> Luckily for me, Word supports external Applescipt commands.

Be careful and test a lot. I've done something similar, and the worst problems
come from Word 2004 bugs. You'll tell it to set the value of a custom document
property, and it will silently fail. It will all work for a good long while,
then it will just quit responding to AppleScript commands. It will be unable to
update its normal template on exit. It will corrupt its preference files and be
unable to launch. It will corrupt a document on save. One day they'll issue a
security update, and *poof* your AppleScripts will take several times as long
to execute. And so on :-O

I never tried 2008, because I used a bit of VBA here and there. I am hopeful
that 2011 will be an actual improvement.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_r...@elevated-dev.com