On Sep 24, 2010, at 05:13, Carles Gutierrez wrote:

> CGImageRef capturedImage = [(QTMovie*)movie frameImageAtTime:time
> withAttributes:attributes error:NULL];
>
> I am getting this error for the last line:
> error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'CGImage*'
>
> BUT I am NOT getting an error for the line above that...
>
> Given the attributes I have set, particularly [attributes
> setObject:QTMovieFrameImageTypeCGImageRef forKey: QTMovieFrameImageType];
> Shouldn't frameAtImageTime: return a CGImageRef?

It doesn't matter what kind of object you've asked for at run time, because the
error you're seeing is a compilation error.

So this code is in a Objective-C++ file? It compiles without error for me (GCC
4.2) as plain Objective-C.

As C++, it probably requires an explicit cast from the return type of
frameImageAtTime:withAttributes:error: -- that is, NSImage* -- to CGImageRef.