This began to work when I changed the base class and initializer for the table cell from NSCell and -init to NSTextFieldCell and - initTextCell.

-koko

On Sep 25, 2010, at 6:51 PM, k...@highrolls.net wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: k...@highrolls.net
Date: September 25, 2010 6:45:21 PM MDT
To: Seth Willits <sli...@araelium.com>
Subject: Re: Drag from Table To View

Well thank you Seth, you are correct.

I should have said that

- (BOOL)tableView:(NSTableView *)aTableView writeRowsWithIndexes: (NSIndexSet *)rowIndexes toPasteboard:(NSPasteboard *)pboard

is never called. And as I understood only this method and this

[self registerForDraggedTypes:[NSArray arrayWithObject:@"Obstacles"]];

need to be implemented / called for a drag session to start from a table.