Hi Ken,

Now I see. I hardly find words to thank you for your patience! :)

There's been indeed a misunderstanding. I imagined mistakenly that
there could be many "connection points" on the server, one connection
point per thread, and each such connection point could vend a
different object of different type. So I was looking for a way to pass
"address" of this new connection point (like the registered name for
the main one) to the client thread, so that it could call a method
similar to rootProxyForConnectionWithRegisteredName on it.

Now I see that the correct picture is the following. There is only one
connection point, and there is only one root vended object in the
server. I need only to make sure that each client thread uses a
different connection object, though all connections use the same
connection point and send port on server (addressed by its single
registered name). In other words, this new connection is like a
parallel channel to the same root vended object. So when I call
rootProxy on the new connection on client, I obtain the same root
proxy (not the per-thread proxy that I initially thought of). Then I
ask this root proxy to take the current connection and detach it to a
new thread. Objects and threads are fully orthogonal.

Of course, I've read all docs, but I found them quite scarce and even
confusing at times. Only with your help, and with some knowledge of
sockets I have, I went down to the basics and became able to
understand how it works under the hood. For example, the docs say
nothing about the notion of connection points as opposed to child
connections. It calls everything a "NSConnection" and this was my
source of confusion.

There is only one problem left: logs show that although I obtain the
root proxy for the new connection and call a worker method on it in
client, the server still uses the main thread to respond, instead of
the newly created connection's thread. More experiment shows that when
there is already a busy server thread, then the server uses the new
thread, but when there are no other threads, the main thread is used.
Is it a kind of optimization the framework does, or is it my bug? I'd
like that each client thread only worked with its dedicated server
thread and did not mess with the server's main thread.

Thank you again,

Oleg.