2010/10/6 Dave Keck <davek...@gmail.com>:
>> Can i make a runloop run only one time through the queue, and then
>> return back to processing of that big file?
>
> See CFRunLoopRunInMode(), specifically the returnAfterSourceHandled argument.

But this is for Carbon application, isn't it? I have a cocoa one...
Does this call operate with the core foundation run loop, bypassing
cocoa's one?
And if it's allowed to use it in cocoa app, what should i specify as
the second parameter (timeInterval)? 0 doesn't seem to work at all
(the run lop is not relaunched at all), 1 sec gives big delays, if
nothing has been pressed - it seems that "sourceHandled" means "at
least one event in queue is handled, if the queue is empty - just wait
that timeinterval". But then, setting any interval>0, i force my
application to wait, instead of processing that big file.
Or maybe i'm understanding something wrong?