On Oct 11, 2010, at 3:41 PM, Rick Mann wrote:

>       [view bind: @"frame" toObject: controller withKeyPath:
> @"representedObject.frame" options: nil];
>
> And, nope. Now the value in the model puts the view in the specified place,
> but changing the view's frame does not propagate the change to the model.
> Does that mean that -[NSView frame] is not KVC-compliant, or that I still
> need custom code somewhere to create the binding?

NSView's "frame" is not an observable property, AFAIK. Generally the rule is,
if the docs don't say it is observable, don't assume that it is or rely on
future behavior if it acts as if it does.

Instead, you can register for NSViewFrameDidChangeNotification (see also
-setPostsFrameChangedNotifications:).

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.