On Oct 18, 2010, at 9:00 AM, JongAm Park wrote:

>>> Is there any benefit in using it? My guess is that an NSInvocation instance
>>> is used repeatedly, but using the "selector" based method is not
>>> inconvenient for the most of cases.
>>> Is there any other benefit in using the NSInvocation?
>>
>> NSInvocation is a very flexible class, and can be used for a wide variety of
>> tasks, but it is also (therefore) more cumbersome to setup and use for the
>> simpler things that you mention. It is not often used, so if you don't know
>> that you need it, you probably don't.
>
> Well, what I asked actually is about the design philosophy and what the
> intention of creating of that was. Your last statement can't fulfill my
> curiosity. :)

The common design use would be situations where the method you wish the timer
to call requires additional data that would be passed as arguments. Essentially
the point of using invocations is to permit the timer to call any method
whatsoever, regardless of the method signature.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.