On 18.10.2010, at 20:49, Alex Kac wrote:
> Yes, we already take care of the 24 hour situation. This is explicitly for
> people who are showing their times using AM/PM. Not that its an iron-clad
> thing either, but we've been doing calendaring for over 10 years now so I'm
> aware of the date/time notation by country. But again this is explicitly for
> users who are showing their times in AM/PM.

 German won't work anyway. Because we have a space at the start of the AM/PM
suffix (They're " vorm.' and "nachm." by default. There are so many reasons why
this could fail that you don't want to continue down this road. Just as an
example, what if the first characters of the suffixes are the same?

 Moreover, nobody in Germany would understand what 10:00v or 10:00n could mean.
If you want a custom date format, set a custom format string that you grab from
your Localizable.strings file, and make sure it makes sense for every
localization you have, but this will just confuse users.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de