Hi all,

Can you please look at this very small and rough reproduction of my problem
<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1064994/cocoadev%20bindings.zip>.

I want to present measured values of my model with respect to the user's
locale. For example, I want to present a distance in imperial units of
measurement instead of metric. I am using NSValueTransformer subclasses to
transform the units of my model into imperial or metric units.

When I receive a notification indicating the user's measurement locale changes
in System Preferences, my code unbinds and re-binds the value binding of a text
field to an instance variable of the controller. I provide the appropriate
value transformer in the options of the binding.

I was wondering if you could please help me with my problem. My NSTextField
object is not editable when the change in system locale causes the text field
to use a value transformer different from the initial. Specifically, the
binding is configured in Interface Builder to use the metric value transformer
but when I use System Preferences to adjust my locale preferences to use an
imperial (U.S.) system, my text field becomes unchangeable. Adjusting the
locale preferences to use a metric system re-enables my text field for editing.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions would be extremely helpful and
appreciated!

Kiel