Thanks for the response, Sherm. I added the code as you suggested but
the leak persists. I originally discovered this issue because my
program would grow slowly over several days; the code I originally
posted was being called once a second from the event loop, which I
guess would allow the autorelease pools to be freed.

In trying to figure this out, I downloaded the binary distribution of
my program that someone else built (before I took it over). That
version does not leak. But if I check out the code they used and build
my own deployment build, that does leak.

What could be different about my build environment that would cause this?