On 29/10/2010, at 11:12 PM, Andy Lee wrote:

>> Having put it back to not using the static array, it's now working fine!
>> Gremlins....
>
> Happens all the time.  Someone should really do a study on why putting code
> back the way it was fixes bugs, especially after one has posted to cocoa-dev.
> :)
>
> --Andy

OK, found the problem - silly mistake. When testing I used alloc + init on the
object that implements this, which is not its designated initialiser, so the
look-up dictionary wasn't being initialised. D'oh!! (I've also corrected this
so that -init does now call the designated initialiser as it should).

Thanks anyway!