Thanks Fritz, a resource like that was what I was looking for - where I can
I will always read Apple's documentation over examples/tutorials since they
are often wrong or inaccurate. I will have a read tonight and see how I get
on.

Sorry I wasn't more specific, I couldn't remember the name of the type - in
the example I gave, region is indeed of type MKCoordinateRegion and
myAnnotation extends NSObject and implements the MKAnnotation protocol

i.e. @interface myAnnotation : NSObject<MKAnnotation>

>From your comments I already understand it better - I thought the instance
variable was also declared, not just the property. Therefore I will declare
coordinate in the header, I won't declare a property and I will synthesize
in the implementation.

-Dan