On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Dave Zwerdling <zwerd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2010, at 11:37 AM, vincent habchi wrote:
>
> > Le 21 nov. 2010 à 20:09, Dave Zwerdling a écrit :
> >
> >> The issue lies in this: I have a background-thread reader of entities.
> >> Because it is multithreaded, it uses a separate MOC for the entities to be
> >> read.  These MOCs have their persistent store coordinator the same as the
> >> document.  The background thread always returns faulted objects until the
> >> persistent document is saved.
> >
> > If this is your problem, this is normal. Until they are saved to the
> > persistent document, newly created objects are local to their MOC and
> > cannot be accessed elsewhere: upon creation, they are assigned temporary
> > IDs.
> >
> > Vincent
>
> Is there a recommended way to enhance this to do what I need?  I assume I
> would need to create an in-memory store and keep the entities there, but how
> do I ensure that the documents will also make it to the persistent document
> on save?

Saving means writing things to the persistent store. You cannot share
unsaved objects between MOCs. Ergo, in order to get access to the
objects from the other MOC, the objects must already be in the
persistent store because the originating MOC has been saved.

What are you trying to accomplish?

--Kyle Sluder