I think someone somewhere told me that if you create a MOC on the main thread,
there's some special runloop integration that is included, hence one of the
reasons it's important to not create one on the main thread and then pass it
around.

This is also important to keep in mind re: NSOperation, since it's init is
called on the main thread.

http://www.duckrowing.com/2010/03/11/using-core-data-on-multiple-threads/