A while back I saw an app that had dials to adjust certain settings.
I could have sworn there was example code related to it. Anyway. I'm wondering
if any of you might know where I could look to find information on creating
dials for iPhone/iPad. I've been googling for a bit and all I can come up with
are button to make the phone dial a call.

I was thinking that I might be able to utilize the pan gesture for this but I
cannot quite figure out how to know the direction the dial should rotate,
especially if it crosses the center line.