I am having trouble getting a change in a value in my preferences to be
automatically saved, using bindings.

The defaults contain an array (called Workspaces) with two values: displayName
and displayType ( which is a number ).
I have an arrayController that is bound to the Workspaces value in the
SharedUserDefaultsController.
The displayName is bound to a table column via
arraycontroller.arrangedObjects.workspaceName.
The displayType is shown as a segmented control and the control's selectedIndex
is bound to the arrayController.selection.displayType ( ie to show which
segment should be 'on' ).

This all loads and displays correctly. If I select a new row in the table then
the segmented control updates etc.  If I remove the selected item in the table
via arrayController.remove then the user defaults are saved correctly.

However, if I change the displayType of the selected row via the control, then
the results are *not* saved. The new value is correct while the app is running
but never saved.

Can anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong?

thanks!

Peter Zegelin
http://www.fracturedsoftware.com
Rondo - MIDI for your mac
MacSimAVR - AVR microcontroller simulator for OS X