On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:14 PM, kvic...@pobox.com <kvic...@pobox.com> wrote:
> i have a core data app that supports both real time events and user
> interaction. some of the user interactions can generate an undo stack
> similar to the following:
>
> beginUndoGroup
>        beginUndoGroup
>        core data action
>        core data action
>        endUndoGroup
> myAction
> endUndoGroup
>
> now some of the real time events can cause the target of myAction to be
> deleted and i can easily remove this from the undo stack. but that leaves a
> nested group which is no longer meaningful and it leaves the undo menu
> action name referring to the deleted myAction
>
> is there anyway to delete the entire group (including the nested core data
> actions)? if so, how? alternatively, can anyone suggest an approach to deal
> with this situation?

Nope. Welcome to the wonderful world of undo! Where despite the
promise of the API, the framework **really** doesn't like it when you
call -[NSUndoManager removeAllActionsForTarget:].

Your delete should be undoable, right? So undoing the delete will make
your undo group meaningful again. I hope.

That's how it works for us in our non-Core Data apps, anyway.
Hopefully Core Data is smart enough to be able to associate undo
groups with resurrected managed objects.

--Kyle Sluder