On Dec 9, 2010, at 9:25 PM, Stevo Brock wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having trouble getting things set up so that I can tab between my
> NSTextViews properly.  I have a window that has a TabView as the only
> top-level view.  When I put 3 TextViews in the first tab, I have not yet been
> able to get their nextKeyView to work.  I've looked online about making sure
> that the initialFirstResponder is set and also about how to actually set up
> the nextKeyView and it looks like it is all done correctly (if the TextViews
> are in the Content View of the the window, everything works great).
>
> How do I set up the tab order of Text Views that are in a Tab View?

Depending upon your UI layout and how complex it is, you may need to
programatically re-wire the key loop when the tabs change.

Part of my app (Mac OS X) uses a tabless tab view.  Contents of each tab are
custom controls which work correctly when full keyboard access is turned on/off.

There were some edge cases that occurred where my key loop would end up
breaking, so I implemented:

- (void)tabView:(NSTabView*)aTabView
didSelectTabViewItem:(NSTabViewItem*)aTabViewItem
{
    int theSelectedTabIndex = [aTabView indexOfTabViewItem:aTabViewItem];

    switch (theSelectedTabIndex)
        {
        case 0:
             //rewire controls on first tab.