On 16 Dec 2010, at 19:24, Andreas Grosam wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2010, at 5:32 PM, Nick Zitzmann wrote:
>> See
>> <https://github.com/omnigroup/OmniGroup/blob/master/Frameworks/OmniAppKit/OAApplication.m>
>>  for one such example.
> Thank you very much, this is exactly what I'm looking for! :)

This is something that has had me scratching my upper organ casing too.
The NSApplication docs state that NSApplicationMain is functionally similar to:

void NSApplicationMain(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    [NSApplication sharedApplication];
    [NSBundle loadNibNamed:@"myMain" owner:NSApp];
    [NSApp run];
}

Presumably it is more functionally similar to:

void NSApplicationMain(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    [NSApplication sharedApplication];
    [NSBundle loadNibNamed:@"myMain" owner:NSApp];

   while(YES) {

       @try {
           [NSApp run];
           return;
       } @catch (NSException *e) {
           [NSApp reportException:e]

Note that the docs also say:

The global application object uses autorelease pools in its run method; if you
override this method, you’ll need to create your own autorelease pools.

Regards

Jonathan Mitchell

Developer
Mugginsoft LLP