On Dec 16, 2010, at 6:34 AM, Rick C. wrote:

> ... So I had that working too until I realized in Leopard the view won't
> accept setAlphaValue unless I tick the box in IB for core animation.  So I
> did tick the box for window view and it worked but it broke a lot of
> subsequent UI functions/processing....

Yeah, layer-backed views don't always work perfectly. What I would do instead
is just go old school and redraw the view's contents at varying alpha. It's
more work than using the animator on the view itself, but it'll work OK and you
won't have to start over completely. Off the top of my head I can't think of a
simpler solution.

--
Seth Willits