Here is the situation. On iOS you must listen to memory warnings and handle
them properly. So we have a view controller that we use with a
UISearchDisplayController that sits in a UIToolbar on an iPad. If a memory
warning occurs while the popover is up, the popover goes away, the search bar
goes away and its gone. If I comment out the memory warning code then the OS
runs as slow as mollasses and we see this in the console: wait_fences: failed
to receive reply: 10004003

Its Christmas Eve and I'm a bit frustrated so perhaps I'm missing something
basic/fundamental. I see in the docs it says " If a search display controller
is destroyed (for example, in response to a memory warning), then you can
create a new one and associate it with the original view controller or search
bar." but I don't get why that happens when its being