I was looking at NSFileManager and the low-level file manage docs,
trying to figure out a way to track a file no matter where it gets
moved on the system, even if my app is not running.  For example,
let's say my app references a document, but doesn't store a copy of
that document.  I'd like to guarantee that I can find that document
the next time my app launches even if it gets moved by the user in,
say, Finder when my app isn't running.  From looking at the file
attributes, I gather that the Inode aka st_ino aka
NSFileSystemFileNumber and be used to uniquely identify a file on the
system.  What I haven't found yet is a way to go from this value to a
URL.  Does such a thing exist?  Is there another way to properly track
files on 10.5 and above that I'm missing?

thanks,
wes