On 30/12/2010, at 8:54 PM, Peter Zegelin wrote:

> So it looks like NSSplitView is sufficiently different ( ie it has to move a
> divider ) that to get the mouseUp event I would have to handle the divider
> drag myself, which is probably more complicated than it looks.
>
> Further suggestions welcome!

Many views/controls implement their own tracking loop within -mouseDown:,
handling all the drag and mouse up events within that loop. Thus, the standard
view methods are not called. So, to hook in when the split drag completes,just
add your code to the end of -mouseDown: after the call to super.

This is explained in the documentation Kyle cited.

--Graham