Hi, I'm trying to use a CAShapeLayer for some paths in my application. For the
most part this works fine, but in some circumstances the animation from one
path to another looks really strange during the animation.

I would be able to tell it what the path should be at any intermediate point in
the animation, but I'm not sure how to get access to it to provide those paths.

Is it possible to provide my own paths for the animation, or get some callback
when it wants a new path or the animation advances?

If not, what's my best approach for animating the layer? I have played around
with the idea of creating a dummy key which I add an animation for and animate
it between 0 and 1, and set setNeedsDisplayForKey: to return YES for that key,
and then use the value to determine how far through the animation I am and draw
the appropriate path, but this seems a really counter-intuitive (hackish) way
of doing it, but it seems to work and I haven't yet found a better way...

(target is Mac OS X 10.6)

Thanks.

Ken