On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:12:15 -0800, Steve Mykytyn <smyky...@exostrategy.com>
said:
>UIDatePicker (4.2.1) shows differing dates for the modes
>
>  UIDatePickerDate (correct),  and
>
>  UIDatePickerDateAndTime (incorrect)
>
>when the timezone you assign to the UIDatePicker is
>
>  - more than 12 hours ahead (east) of the systemTimeZone of the iPhone.

I've nothing very useful to say about this particular bug, but in general
UIDatePicker is a groaner. The docs imply you should be able to change the
locale, but when you do, nothing changes except the language, and even that
only in UIDatePickerDateAndTime mode. So you can't get 24-hour time, for
example, by setting the locale to the UK, and you can't get French months in
UIDatePickerDate mode. Playing with the timezone in a countdown timer gets you
nonsense, and playing with the max and min dates in a countdown timer can cause
a crash. I'd say submit a bug, though I don't see how that's likely to help
(all my bugs are either open or archived as duplicates, but closed - i.e. fixed
- seems to be an unknown concept). m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = m...@tidbits.com, <http://www.apeth.net/matt/>
A fool + a tool + an autorelease pool = cool!