I also recommend "Developing Apps for IOS" series of video recordings from
Stanford University (by Paul Hegarty) available through iTunes U at iTunes (in
SD and HD). I found it very useful along with Apple's online library of
documents at developer.apple.com which is very rich in content and the most up
to date.

Another good resource is a pdf document called "Become an Xcoder" available
free online. You can find it by simply searching online. It has several
references and a great introduction to developing apps with Xcoder.

There is also a website with all sorts of  information and reference materials
at:
http://www.daleisphere.com/iphone-app-development-where-to-start/

Hope it helps!
Rita