I am grateful for your reply, Conrad.

I had seen the stackoverflow.com thread - some useful information there for
sure.  But I was hoping someone from this list might reply with a specific
recommendation based on personal experience. Most of the information I have
found so far are only suggestions (most of which are for companies whose TOS
requirements specifically exclude commercial use or use on mobile devices).
Nevertheless, I will look into the NWS/NOAA service as you suggested, and I
will certainly post back my final conclusions.

Thanks again...

Roger Dalal
Assembled Apps