On 26.01.2011, at 19:08, Kyle Sluder wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Kyle Sluder <kyle.slu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Start here:
>
> Actually, start with either NSZombieEnabled=YES or using the Zombies
> instrument. And then move on to Greg's article if zombies don't help
> you.
>
> --Kyle Sluder

Thank you for the pointer. NSZombieEnabled and the Zombies instruments didn't
help.
According to the linked article, It tries to send retain to the number 0x28:

(gdb) x/s $ecx
0x919b0a6c:      "retain"

(gdb) p/x $eax
$2 = 0x28

I created a new CoreData-command-line tool (using the Xcode template) which
uses the same model
and opens the context on the file. Calling existingObjectWithID worked, without
crashing ...
but compiling the same project with Garbage Collection: Unsupported triggers
the crash.

The tool only references the model file and does not use the custom
NSManagedObject subclasses for
the entities.

The code in the real project is used for copy/paste. Copy creates a dictionary
containing the values
of the objects and uses objectIDs-for the relationships which should not be
copied. It checks if an
object with objectID is available and if yes uses it for the relationship. The
crash occurs using a copied
object copied from another document (and another managed object context). I
guess I have to change the
code.

Cheers,

Felix