I'm trying to prevent NSDocument from doing any saving at all, for a demo
version of my app. I need to suppress the menu commands (done) and all the
automated UI such as the 'save changes' dialog and 'Save As' dialog even though
the doc is marked dirty. I've also removed the actual save code.

According to the docs for
-canCloseDocumentWithDelegate:shouldCloseSelector:contextInfo:, if I
immediately pass YES to the should close selector, it should accomplish this.
Indeed, it does suppress the "do you want to save changes?" dialog, but the
window does not close.

What's the proper way to do this? I searched the archives but surprisingly I
couldn't find any previous discussion of this, even though I would have thought
it's quite a common thing.

--Graham