Hi,

I have a simple Core Data app with one entity.

I display the content of the core data store (SQL) in an NSTableView,
binding the columns to fields in an NSArrayController, which is itself
bound to the core data stack.

I then have a "data inspector" panel, which is populated when the user
clicks on a row in the NSTableView. Essentially this is a set of text
fields also bound to the NSArrayController.

When I manually update the fields in the data inspector pane they are
automatically updated in the NSTableView and when I save, the Core Data
store is updated.

This all works as planned.

However, at certain points I need the application to update the values in
the data inspector panel on the users behalf.

I have some code that does this update, but the changes are not mirrored
in the main NSTableView, and are also not saved to the Core Data store.

I'm assuming that this is a KVO-type issue, in that the code update of the
fields in the data inspector is not notifying the appropriate objects?

I've Googled and looked in my books etc but I'm clearly missing something.
I'm feeling my way along this application, so this is all new stuff.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Regards

Darren.