On 12/02/2011, at 21.03, Kyle Sluder wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Mikkel Eide Eriksen
> <mikkel.erik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think I may have misunderstood something about how super works. In trying
>> to build a dictionary that contains key/value pairs from the class itself as
>> well as super classes up to an arbitrary height, I've hit a wall.
>> Simplified, I have two classes, SuperClass and SubClass. In SuperClass, the
>> following method is implemented:
>
> It doesn't look like your code doesn't require any instance
> information at all. I'd probably implement it as a class method:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I should mention that it needs to be an instance
method since it gets the name of the plist from a userInfo dictionary on its
entity (SuperClass is a subclass of NSManagedObject). I can't get the entity
description in a class method (at least not in any way that I've found). I
suppose I could rely on always naming the class the same as the entities and
then attempt to grab the correct entity description that way, but that seems
less than ideal.

Regards,
Mikkel