Gordon,

I use performSelector:withObject:afterDelay: (not exactly NSTimer but close, I
would guess), but maybe they don't work exactly the same. I download from the
Internet on a regular basis. I thought about those cases when the app is put to
the background to sleep and all other situations depending on the user. I did
some testing and, so far, I don't have to really make any exception when one of
those situation occurs. If my app is put to the background and suspended,
obviously, my performSelector:withObject:afterDelay: obviously don't fire. When
the app is brought back to the foreground, they will fire if the delay I gave
has elapsed. I haven't seen any problem so far. So, maybe your handling in your
timer wrapper class of NSTimer is causing unnecessary problems? Just a wild
guess. I have no idea what kind of comm links you keep opened, so I could be
wrong...

-Laurent.
--
Laurent Daudelin