Kyle Sluder wrote:

> Sounds like you want a Quartz event tap filter. You can create one using
> CGEventTapCreate.

That’s exactly what I am doing, but as I wrote, I found it hard to filter a
whole mouse click event, since the tap filter only receives the low-level event
types. When I receive a mouse down event, I have to wait for the corresponding
mouse up event to see if the mouse is being dragged (which I do not want to
filter) or simply clicked (which I do want to filter). And I’d hate to delay
all mouse down events in the system just because of this.

> Though I'm kind of curious how you're able to determine the user is clicking
> on something interesting in arbitrary applications, and what that interesting
> thing may be.

I’m playing with the accessibility API. (Sorry for sounding so mysterious, I
was trying to keep the question general.) Right now I am trying to detect a
mouse click on a window title. The code works, but I have hard time
differentiating between the click and a drag.

T.