On 15 févr. 2011, at 16:55, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> On Feb 14, 2011, at 3:25 PM, jonat...@mugginsoft.com wrote:
>> I don't know if this would fly or not but...
>>
>> Rather than conventionally returning NSTerminateLater you could try,
>> assuming your async driver calls are run loop sources, run the run loop as
>> required within - applicationShouldTerminate.
>>
>> This should allow you the opportunity to get a window on screen (though not
>> necessarily using NSRunAlertPanel), process the user response, await the
>> async callbacks and exit when your cleanup is done.
>
> No, if your app does not return from applicationShouldTerminate: within a
> certain number of seconds, your process will simply be killed.

I'm not even sure we can talk "seconds" here... I've tried doing a sleep in the
applicationShouldTerminate:. When restarting, the application doesn't even wait
a second....

I was hoping something like this would work:

• In applicationShouldTerminate: or applicationWillTerminate, spawn a process
that would not be a NSBackgroundOnly/LSUIElement application.
• Have a applicationShouldTerminate: implementation that returns
NSTerminateLater and displays a modal message.

In my idea, if the process ever had the time to launch and initialize, that
would give me the delay I'm looking for... Unfortunately, though the process
has enough time to launch (I can see its window appearing), it seems to be
killed upon restart, and the dialog never appears :(

If anybody can see a reason for that, or have another idea, I'll be more than
glad to try it out!

Thanks,