On Feb 18, 2011, at 1:12 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:
> <msappleli...@toolsfactory.com> wrote:
>> In my case the behavior is absolutely unwanted and confusing to the user. It
>> wouldn't be if I had control over the context-highlight and could manually
>> force rows to go into this state but as it is, it's undesirable for my
>> particular usage.
>
> I'd be interested to hear your rationale for your specific situation.

I have multiple trees lined up side-by-side, each tree shows the same hierarchy
in a different version (so the items in the tree are different, not the
hierarchy itself) - think of a side-by-side folder comparison with any number
of trees. The trees are all sync'd, when you select an item in one tree, the
item gets selected in all of them. It creates the perfect illusion of one big
view with features that I could never achieve in one tree.

The only thing that doesn't work is the menu highlight because there's no
control over it - which I personally find rather surprising given to
customizability of the thing in all other areas.

Would there be other solutions? Well yes sure, putting everything in one
NSOutlineView, but I would loose a lot of UI goodies that way and thus its not
really an option.

Regards
Markus