On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 9:39 PM, John Joyce <jjo...@apple.com> wrote:
> See how here:
> http://tinyurl.com/67r8oaz

I don't believe a custom window is necessary for this.

You can use -[NSWindow standardWindowButton:] with the
NSWindowDocumentIconButton to get a handle to the button that draws
the proxy icon and window title. You can call -superview on this
button to get access to the window frame's view. Remove the document
icon button from its superview and put your own NSPopupButton in the
correct place. (I'd hesitate to reuse the default one, even if it
turns out to be an NSPopupButton.)

The same -superview trick can be used to put an icon in the
upper-right corner of the window. The black HUD appearance looks like
the standard HUD palette appearance. The controls within look like
BWToolkit.

--Kyle Sluder