Hi,

I've got a problem in defining the structure of a core data model.

I have data fields that come from a record (row) that was imported
from a file, so it's like an array of numbers which is currently
unknown until the user assigns meaning to these data fields.

I'm wondering if an entity can have a property w/ an array (or
variable length of types) type of data. My reasoning is that these
variable number of datas are all part of the same record or problem
set.

So, using Core Data I have an Entity (entityA) which has a one-to-many
relationship with EntityB (entityB being the variable number of data
fields which usually have the same meaning and are specific to a
single data pattern). EntityA defines the algorithm and other parts of
the problem.

I know I don't want to just assign a bunch of empty properties and
guesstimate what the largest number of properties would be for my
users, cause I'd be wrong. And I also know that my users can assign
any meaning (field name) to a single data item that they want to
experiment with. But it really seems like my entity should be a single
pattern (row) of data from the files I read in since a row in itself
is a complete problem data set (problem is, it can be variable length
and the user has to assign meaning which I don't' have at the point of
importing it into Core Data (and by the time the user does assign
meaning, I'd lose many benefits of using Core Data since the solution
is almost finished).

examples of data from files …
---
-0.749318 0.0892089 -1
-0.171308 0.167947 1
-0.651408 0.923422 -1
---
5.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 8.0 9.0 10.0
6.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 8.0 9.0 10.0
7.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 8.0 9.0 10.0
8.0 2.0 3.0 4.0 5.0 6.0 7.0 8.0 9.0 10.0

Any suggestions?