Hi there.
I have to rotate an image continuously and I'm using now CALayers as the
image containers and I'm rotating thous CALayers by setting its Transform
property.

Now I have two approaches to keep rotating these layers.

1) Use a displayLink of 30 fps. Use CATransaction, setting
setDisableActions:<http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/graphicsimaging/Reference/CATransaction_class/Introduction/Introduction.html#//apple_ref/occ/clm/CATransaction/setDisableActions:>
 to YES and setting each time the new Transform property of that layer.
2) Compute where the layer would rotate to and use a CATransaction
triggering an animation of 0.5 secs of duration and letting CoreAnimation do
the intermediate steps for me.

Which approach would give me better results and not consume too much CPU?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Federico