Hi David,

Thank you for the response.

On 01-Mar-2011, at 2:47 AM, David Duncan wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2011, at 4:16 AM, Deepa wrote:
>
>> Please correct if I am posting to wrong mailing list.
>
> In general for CG functions, the CoreGraphics-Dev list is a better choice.

The CoreGraphics-Dev is not getting listed under Apple Mailing lists. Could you
please mention the steps to register to this category of Apple Mailing list?

>> I am developing a Desktop application that supports exporting an PNG image
>> to different image formats.
>> When I export my PNG to (Refer the first link) to PDF format, it appears as
>> shown in link2.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36018837@N05/5472635835/ (Original Image)
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/36018837@N05/5473232908/ (Exported Image)
>
> In general, you should use a service that allows you to post the actual files
> involved, as flickr appears to be making it rather difficult to obtain the
> originals (and I'm not certain if I could obtain a PDF for the exported image
> or not).
>
>> The image has become larger.
>

> My first guess would be that the source image has a DPI > 72, which would
> cause its display size to be smaller than that of the PDF. Barring that,

> ImageIO's PDF export may just be to make the image a size that fits the page.

I think the problem might be due to that ImageIO's PDF export may just be to
make the image a size that fits the page.

> I would recommend that rather than allowing ImageIO to export to PDF that you
> use the CG APIs to generate PDF data yourself, where you can have control
> over the process.

As you said, I might have to try this out.

> --
> David Duncan

Regards,
Deepa
Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to
and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its
attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe.
However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or
virus.