On 3/15/11 7:09 AM, Rodrigo Zanatta Silva wrote:
> Anyone have any idea? I am stuck... It's easy do this with
> UITextView, but the text field in a web page have less control. I
> really need a new idea, please, anyone give-me a idea??!?!?

Please be patient.  If no one responds, it's probably because they don't
have an idea either.

> 2011/3/14 Rodrigo Zanatta Silva <rodrigozanattasi...@gmail.com>
>
>> I searched a lot, and all thing that hidden the keyboard is when
>> you are in a UITextField.
>>
>> This is the problem. I am in a UIWebView and the user click in a
>> text box in the web page, so the iOS open the keyboard. I can know
>> when the keyboard will show by the  UIKeyboardWillShowNotification.
>> But, I want to show another screen instead the keyboard.

Try not using a UIWebView?  This whole scheme sounds a bit fishy to
me... if you are interfacing with a web service, for example, you should
probably implement a native UI and use XML, JSON, etc. to talk the the site.

I do know that there are some reasons you would want to do this, such as
displaying a keypad for numeric entry.  This _ought_ to be handled with
XHTML's inputmode attribute, which MobileSafari doesn't support.

For any Apple engineers out there, I filed a bug a long time ago on
this... rdar://6404093

>> How can I hidden, or never show the keyboard. If the people cancel
>> my screen, than I want to keyboard appear. There are any class that
>> I can manager the keyboard? How can I do this:
>>
>> *[keyboard goWay]* and
>>
>> *[keyboard show]*

I have no special insights on this, but you might check out
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/792035/how-do-i-cancel-a-text-field-edit-in-a-uiwebview

This purports to let you lose the keyboard via defocusing in JavaScript.
 You would then probably need to present your own view for input on top
of/next to the UIWebView and write controller code to send it into the
UIWebView.

Also see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2749486/fill-uiwebview-textinput-with-custom-keyboard

Sounds like a huge headache to me, though, and again I question the
wisdom of what you are trying to do.  Perhaps you can elaborate on WHY
you need to this and someone on the list might offer a more robust and
probably simpler solution.

- --
Conrad Shultz

Synthetiq Solutions